In Victorian London, the market corners you.
YOUNG JACOB MARLEY is a game of Victorian moneylending. You and your fellow clerks are newly enlisted in the service of the famous Jacob Marley. Your task is to earn the maximum profit by lending Marley’s money to the citizens and businesses of London.
You hope that by doing so, you might catch young Marley’s eye and earn his undying friendship. You have a feeling this might come in handy one day.
- Players: 2 to 6
- Playing Time: 60 Minutes
- PDF Components: 72 cards, single-page board, rules
- Other Components: Play money (1s and 5s) and six tokens or pennies
In 2004, Cheapass Games released a board game called “Jacob Marley, Esquire.” It was one of the last black and white board games before the company went into hibernation.
The story of this game is the same (and so are many of the cards) but the mechanics are streamlined. And now we are offering this fine thing as a free print-and-play, as our Christmas gift for 2017.
Here are the PDF files that you need to produce your own copy of YOUNG JACOB MARLEY:
- Jacob Marley Rules (PDF, 3 MB)
- Jacob Marley Board (PDF, 3 MB)
- Jacob Marley Cards (PDF, 9 MB) Or order a deck from DriveThruCards!
- Jacob Marley Card Backs (optional) (PDF, 368 KB)
For hints on how to print the cards, see the rules sheet, and check out our YouTube video, “How to Make Cards (3 Ways)“.
To play YOUNG JACOB MARLEY, you will also need the following spare parts:
- Money in denominations of 1 and 5 (about $300 total)
- Six tokens, such as pennies, for marking the game board
Our free games are in perpetual beta, so if you have questions or comments please let us know!