Let’s have a chariot race! Ben Hvrt is a wild and crazy racing game, set in ancient Rome. Each chariot race starts with an auction, where players can pay for cards like drivers, improvements, and events. Don’t pay too much for these cards, or you might win the race and still lose money!
Ben Hvrt was Cheapass Games #003, and has been a fan favorite. We updated it slightly over the years, but never made a deluxe edition. This print-and-play is based on the second edition master files.
Ben Hvrt has a couple of interesting mechanics, including the auction, in which players need to be careful not to overspend. Ben Hvrt is a zero-sum game, basically a gambling game, so the object really is to spend as little as you can for the maximum gain. If you finish with more money than you started, you should consider yourself a winner, even if someone else won more than you!
PRINT & PLAY FILES
Ben Hvrt supports 4-8 players and takes one to two hours to play. Download the print-and-play files all at once via a handy .zip, or individually below:
- Ben Hvrt Rules: One 8.5×11 double-sided page, designed to fold in half.
- Ben Hvrt Board: A full-size PDF of the game board.
- You can print this on a large-format printer, or use Acrobat’s tiling function to print it as several smaller pages.
- Ben Hvrt Cards: Five pages of 16 cards each, for a total of 80 cards.
- Ben Hvrt Card Backs (optional)
- Ben Hvrt Envelope (optional)
In addition, you will need a different 6-sided die for each player, a matching token for each player, one more 6-sided die, and money (paper money or chips).