Kill Doctor Lucky , released in 1996, is the original Cheapass game. A crowd of bloodthirsty killers have gathered in Lucky Mansion, each with a good reason to murder the old man. Each of them is unaware that everyone else wants to kill him, too.
Kill Doctor Lucky is one of our greatest successes, still thriving today. You can now kill Doctor Lucky in the fully remastered Kill Doctor Lucky: 19.5th Anniversary Edition; in the card game Get Lucky; and in the newest game in the series, The Island of Doctor Lucky.
You’ll notice several differences between the original rules and the new editions. We think the new versions are better, of course, but this PDF gives you a glimpse of where it all began.
This print-and-play version of Kill Doctor Lucky includes the original 1997 game board, the rulebook from the sixth printing in 2000 (which still used the 1997 board), and the cards from the 2002 Director’s Cut.
PRINT & PLAY FILES
Kill Doctor Lucky supports 3-7 players and takes roughly an hour to play. Download the print-and-play files all at once via a handy .zip, or individually below:
- Kill Doctor Lucky Rules: A single 8.5″ x 11″ double-sided page, designed to fold in half.
- The example cards in this booklet have the same corner number printing issue as the cards (see below). Not a big deal, but it’s in there.
- Kill Doctor Lucky Board: A full-size PDF of the game board.
- You can print this on a large-format printer, or use Acrobat’s tiling function to print it as several smaller pages.
- Kill Doctor Lucky Cards: Six pages containing 96 cards.
- File includes a black bleed and crop marks.
- The corner letters on Room and Weapon cards do not seem to print correctly in newer versions of Adobe Acrobat. (The white letter on top has become transparent, so the drop shadow is what you see.) There’s no known solution for this, but it’s also not a huge problem. They just won’t look like the original cards.
- Kill Doctor Lucky Card Backs (optional)
- Kill Doctor Lucky Envelope (optional)
In addition, you will need a pawn for every player, and one more pawn for Doctor Lucky.